• Create user Interface using design tools
• Add drawings to the forms
• Set properties for the individual object on the form
• Build an executable file
• Debug the applications
• Examine the objects in the forms
• Work with data in the programs (ODBC)
• Add more functionality to the program by writing code
• Create crystal Repots
• Integrate Visual database tools
Visual Basic 6.0 provides a complete set of tools for integrating databases with any
application. Database features include design tools for creating and modifying
Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 7.3.3 or above, and AS/400 databases.
• DataEnvironment designer for data connectivity
Visually create reusable recordset command objects with drag-and-drop functionality.
Bind to multiple data sources for data aggregation and manipulation.
• Drag and drop creation of data bound forms and reports
Using the new Data Environment designer, developers can quickly drag-and-drop
custom data-bound controls to create forms; they can create reports with the new Data
Report Designer. Creation of custom data hierarchies is as easy as filling out a dialog
box and dragging the command to the form.
• Visual Basic Web class Designer
Create server-side applications and components that are easily accessible from any
Web browser on any platform.
• Dynamic HTML Page Designer
Develop multimedia-rich applications using the document object model and Dynamic
HTML surface as the user interface.
• New performance enhancements
Use new String Functions and features such as "Retain in Memory" to create faster,
more scalable applications and components.
• The ActiveX Technology
It is used to create Internet Enabled applications that are limited only by your
imagination. Its come with several controls that allow you to create Web Based